07 May 2005

Washing the Laundry

OK, so I outsource all my laundry.

It didn't used to be that way. In my first semester, I religiously
washed all my clothes except sheets. You know, to get into the
"I'm-independent" mode. Halfway through the semester I found a decent
dobi, so I started sending small packets of clothes there to reduce my
load. My weekly laundry then was around RM3-4.

In my second semester, I managed to maintain that trend. I'll keep
some dirty clothes to wash myself and send the rest (especially long
pants) to the dobi. I still pay around RM4, but it occasionally
touched RM5 during hectic weeks.

In my third semester, I started sending even more clothes to the
laundry. It was unavoidable - it was the busiest time of my life and I
barely had time for myself. Launndry fees were definitely in the RM5-7
range by now.

And today, in my fourth semester, I sent all my laundry and was given
a bill for RM15. Hmmm. Of course, it is more expensive as I sent my
bedsheet and blanket along, but it is still amazing how I managed to
create a personal record. The boss had to load my stuff into a basket
so I can fit everything on the weighing machine.

Sigh, with rising petrol prices, I'll have to start washing again.

In other news, I managed to get the dobi boss to sponsor RM50 in
vouchers for the camp. Another committee got the college stationery
shop to sponsor, well, stationery.

Things are definitely looking up after today's constructive committee
meeting as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I despise doing laundry, ironing, and sweeping the floor... These tasks should be auto-done in life.. I am looking at my floor now.. those hairdrops of mine looked depressingly a reminder of my aging process... sigh...