20 May 2005

Exodus

Most of my friends and acquaintances are leaving Nilai today to go back to their hometown for the long weekend. As for me and David, we're staying back. Specifically, I'll be helping out at Brickfields Maha Vihara along with my society friends, representing Dharma Realm Buddhist Association. David will be going on a photo shoot around Brickfields as well on Saturday, and then join me on Sunday to help out as well.

This is my first year celebrating Wesak away from Penang. Last year, I drove back to Penang for the long weekend and got caught in jams and same old, same old routines. You can't blame me - it was my first month in Nilai. But now that I'm fully acclimatized to this place I don't feel the need to go back. In fact, I don't see a suitable time for me to go back at all the whole of this semester although I really want to. I especially hope to catch an Air Asia flight back around June so I can see some of my friends one last time before they enrol into their public universities, wherever that may be.

And once those old friends leave, I'll have less of a reason to go back except to see my father. Ah, impermanence.

No comments: