13 May 2005

Oh... No Wonder la...

My back feels much better after a whole day of having the plaster on me, but I still felt something is wrong in my life, so I did some research on proper sitting posture. I was very shocked with what I found out. The upright sitting position so commonly recommended is actually not that good, but still better than stretching. According to research, the best sitting posture is one where the seat is sloped forward, so that our posture is similar to when we sleep. That means the angle must not be too much. One simple way to relieve back stress is to lean forward in the chair on its two front legs. That will help balance out the pressure a bit. But our normal chairs and tables are still too low for comfort.

At least I got a good start to a better back, without paying thousands of ringgit.

No comments: