19 May 2005

Street Parteee!

I can vaguely hear some REALLY bad singing from my room now. Some guy is screaming his lungs out on the stage at our hostel's Street Party 3. This is an on-off event that (might) happen every semester. Basically, a part of the road that runs through the hostels is converted into a street bazaar. Anyone can open a stall; I saw one store selling fuel enhancer! But most stalls sell food and drinks.

I'm really glad that this semester there is more of a variety. Last semester, almost everything was deep-fried and I found myself walking away from them. This time around, I got myself an egg tart (RM1), putu mayyam [traditional Indian dessert with grated coconut and brown sugar] (RM1.50), and Nyonya meat dumpling ['bak-chang' - though I wonder why it's white] (RM3).

I'm really full from the egg tart and putu mayyam, especially since I already had a proper dinner. I threw 1/4 of the putu mayyam away, not really characteristic of me, I know, but I was too full. The Nyonya meat dumpling will be kept for breakfast tomorrow.

I'm in a better state of mind today after having a good night's rest yesterday. I'll rest a while and do some planning for the camp. I have absolutely no idea what to discuss about during this Friday's final meeting. I only know that I must have it.

No comments: