05 May 2005

Damn Bed

I take back my last comment. No matter how many yoga stretches I get
into, I'll still have a painful back when I wake up. The mattress that
was supplied to us is very weak, so the foam sinks after a short
while, leaving the metal spring frame barenaked. In return, the spring
bites into my back at night, creating an unhealthy posture. I'm no
"Pea and the Princess", but a decent bed with decent support is all
I'm asking for. I use a non-spring bed at home (Penang) which is
filled with compacted coconut fiber. It never sinks and gives me the
best sleep after all these years. I wish I could have it here.

It's not like I haven't complained before. Technically, we are allowed
to change mattresses if they are faulty. I did apply last semester,
and when I checked back 4 weeks later, they lost my request form
although officers have come to check me bed. They promptly put me in
the queue again and said I'm on their list.

The bed never came.

I don't really feel bad. After all, they'll just exchange my bed with
another one that's just gonna sink after 3 weeks. Anyone have any
ideas on how to firm up old beds? Or at least keep the spring frame
from poking me?

No comments: