05 May 2005

Fried Chicken and Balls

My friends and I had dinner outside at this Chinese food outlet. The
cooking is good and price is a little bit above average, but the
capable cook makes it all worthwhile. I had Marmite chicken and rice.
Now, I'm not a big fan of Marmite. I guess I'm one from the "hate it"
camp. I avoided it when I was little, probably because black sticky
goo doesn't really appeal to kids, ya know?

But when I was accidentally introduced to this dish, I fell in love
with the sweet and salty taste, and now I'm hooked! How does one get
"accidentally introduced" to Marmite, you ask? Well, apparently they
pronounce Marmite as "Mummy" there. I'm not sure whether that's
correct, as I pronounce it as "Ma-mite".

Well, after dinner, the 8 of us drove back and went to the college
deli. We weren't there to eat though, but to play at the pool tables
at the back. At RM3 per game, it is a little steep but we managed to
go through 6 rounds anyway. I teamed up with my roommate, and together
we won 2 games.

I really don't know the difference between pool and snooker, so we all
usually play by the standard rules of following the colour or stripes.
My aiming ain't particularly good either, but I think I did pretty
good tonight.

Before you jump to conclusions regarding how I spend my time, I'm not
one to simply waste my time. It's just that, in the first week of
college, nothing is taught, and the mood is just not there yet. As
much as I want to be productive, I can't cause there's nothing to be
productive on! The only exception is my Buddhist Youth Camp that I'm
planning for. Our accounts are usually in the red, and I have to find
sponsorships or the word "Failure" will be branded across my forehead.
Planning-wise, I have so much to do still.

Sigh, all this intangible pressure!

No comments: