05 May 2005

The small town of Nilai is sadly devoid of any nightlife. But that is pretty fine by me, as I'm a morning person. In those rare times that I do go out at night, my friends & I go to one of the many mamak stalls. That's where we are now. "We" consists of me, David (my roommate), Albert (close fren since Pg), Joey (same), Amy (Joey's girlfren & old acquaintence as well), Grace (Amy's fren), CY (same), SH (same), & CH (SH's boyfriend). That rounds out my clique during my free time. I'll introduce my classmates some other time.

Most of the people I mentioned above converse in Mandarin. In contrast, I talk 2 every1 else in English. Yes, I'm a banana. That's what ppl call a Chinese who cannot speak Mandarin. But compared to when I first came to Nilai a year ago, my comprehension of Mandarin has improved leaps & bounds!

I'm really neglecting the 8 people with me now, so I should just finish this & feign interest.

No comments: