06 May 2005

Stupid Act of the Day

This is just g-reat!

When I went out this morning, I forgot to bring out my room key. I realized that I was locked out of my room as I was approaching the door. I fished around my pockets but couldn't find it! That 'Eureka!' moment wasn't a particularly shining example of me.

It just so happens that David (roommate) has gone out with my other friends to KL, thus leaving me out cold. They won't be back till evening and I would have to spend my time wandering around the college like a zombie. Normally, I could have requested the Accommodation Office to give me the spare keys, but I have not given them my spare for the padlock, so I'm really out of luck and out of my room.

As I walked grudgingly towards the library where I planned to stay for the afternoon, the heat caused me to sweat so uncomfortably that I made a pit stop along the way at the enrollment hall. I sat down at one of the tables to cool off. Luckily, I borrowed a few books from the library earlier, so I proceeded to read a little of it. However, the Lunch Effect started to set in, and I began to lose concentration. At about 2.30 I stopped reading and continued my journey to the library.

That's when I remembered that I have 2 classes for the afternoon, starting at 2. I didn't think the lecturer would be there as this is the first week, but I had to be sure so I just walked by the classroom. Lo and behold, the class is on! I quickly entered and greeted him. I don't suppose I gave a very good impression, coming into class 40 minutes late.

The lecturer did not start teaching, but just talked some slow and lengthy material about computers, thus increasing the Lunch Effect by two-fold. I was glad when he finally released us at 3pm.

I finally went to the library and looked through some books. I then went down to the first floor of the library and used the computer to type this and send some emails. I have another class right now at 4, so I'll go check if the lecturer comes. If not, I'll spend the extra time napping in the library (which is what 40% of students do anyway).

No comments: