19 May 2005

Suspicious Minds

When I went to the pantry this morning, an Indian fella, who was already there, asked me if I have 8 o'clock class. I said yes.

"And at 10?"

I lied, "No." My internal alarm was on full alert now.

He attempted to joke, "Then, come back and sleep la!"

I smiled my standard smile and said, "Haha, ya. But 12 got class again."

I more or less reversed my whole schedule for the day. I don't usually lie, but my instincts told me otherwise. It was strange as there was absolutely no reason for strangers to ask me that, although we both live on the same floor.

I'd better be alert over the next few weeks. Especially with David's expensive equipment inside, I wouldn't take the risk.

Oh, and don't think I'm racist because I mentioned "Indian fella". I'd be doubly suspicious if it was a Chinese fella.

No comments: