19 May 2005

The DIY-Laundromat Part 1

I think it's important that I try new things & earn some experience. I'm doing that now. I'm about to try something completely alien to me - the laundromat.

It is a recent addition to our hostel blocks. Each block was installed with a washer & dryer. Except mine. No surprise as there is a laundry shop in my block itself. I'm sure they prevented one from being installed there. But I feel it's too late. At only RM2.50 for a 5kg load, each, it's much cheaper than what they charge.

Anyway, I'm now waiting for someone else's cycle to finish. It is pretty exciting as I have never operated a washer before. Nevermind that it has a very simple control panel - I can only choose from Whites, Colors, Bright Colors, Perm. Press, Woolens, or Delicates and Knits, and off it goes on its 30 minute cycle.

The guy has just come to collect his load - it's my turn!



The 25 minute cycle has just begun. It was a fairly simple operation to load everything in. I pressed on Color. I do hope that the red t-shirt I cheekily threw in won't bleed onto my white boxers or spoil my RM80 shirt. And I hope I didn't put too much detergent - I could only guess how heavy my dirty laundry was. Well, all my fears would be put to rest once I come back to collect it 22 minutes later.

No comments: