13 May 2005

From Trendsetter to Follower

I finally managed to listen to The Emancipation of Mimi, Mariah Carey's supposedly come-back album. After listening it twice through, I agree that it is definitely better than her last two turkeys (Glitter and Charmbracelet). However, the album is nothing more than a Beyonce clone. Yes, how unfortunate that the diva who used to set standards for high octaves is now copying her juniors, right down to the album cover pose. The very first time I saw the image I thought it was Beyonce Knowles! Serious!

Of course, I doubt that she would be as successful now if she had 'returned to her roots'. After all, this is the age of rap artistes and Idols. There's no place for divas and boy bands (thank god!) anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Din like it really at the first hear.. but now, kinda admire it.