31 July 2005

They Sure Are Randy...

Since the beginning of this semester, I noticed there were Indian functions being held at the hall during certain Saturdays. At first, I thought they were organized by the Indian Cultural Society, but by the 3rd time I knew they couldn't be a college activity. I asked a student Council member, and she told me those were Indian weddings.

Immediately I thought, why do it here of all places? I mean, a wedding reception at a college?!? She said there was no other place as the town's public hall is closed, and we were the best alternative. I guess that makes perfect sense, but I had no idea the Indians here were so productive, ya know? There's always a wedding almost every Saturday of this semester, and all of them are Indian weddings.

What about Malays? They do it at their houses. And the Chinese? Boring restaurants.

Anyway, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. As usual, I only had the salad. But this time, we were eating in, so I did myself proud by breaking my own record for the highest salad. But I believe that with proper planning, I could get an inch more. The water rationing policy is still in effect, and it so happens that today is one of those 'no-water' days. So Pizza Hut became a children's party - we used flimsy paper plates instead. Thankfully the soup and salad bowls remain.

No comments: