17 July 2005

Test of Manhood

There comes a time in every man's life that they must prove their mettle, to show to his peers that he is just as manly as them. To stand up to that challenge and grab the bull by the horns. To step up to the plate and fulfill his resposibility as a role citizen. For me, that time came when I stepped into Pizza Hut.

I'm talking, of course, about the Salad Stacking Challenge.

It's not an actual competition at Pizza Hut, but something that stupid people undertake to show their ingenuity. When you order their salad, you can go to their salad bar and grab a somewhat-shallow bowl and fill it up with whatever you want. No refills are allowed, so one must plan how they want to stack their salad. Theoretically, the space above is unlimited, so all efforts are directed to making the salad as tall as possible.

Some have created some truly amazing feats, according to a casual search on the Internet:




Unfortunately for me tonight, I ordered the take-away. They gave me a measly tupperware with a cover, which means that I'm bounded by all 4 sides. However, I can still get my RM5.78 worth by compacting everything together. And that was just what I did.

The salad was to be my dinner as the others planned to eat at KFC. I'm no longer a fan of meat-only meals so I brought the salad over to eat. I'm not very concerned about the staff chasing me out. After all, both belong to the same parent company in Malaysia. Worse case, I'll just grab David's Pepsi and say that I bought that.

Ah, the cheapness of me!

Anyway, I was sincerely heart-broken to note that of the 3 VCD peddlars outside KFC, 100% had the same hair colour as me. Next thing you know, they'll pull me in as a new recruit. I did a brief research this morning to see if henna can effectively cover my mistake, but I was advised not to do so. But I'll try it out anyway on a few strands of hair and see if it turns green or purple.

No comments: