31 May 2006

The Final Hurdle

As I am slowly dragged towards my 21st birthday (kicking and screaming), I have one more rite of passage to go through as a teenager - the acne breakout. I know some will argue that 20 years old is hardly a "teenager" anymore, but since the Malaysian government considers 21 to be the legal age of an adult, I'll stick with the label "teenager", thank you.

I didn't have much of an acne problem during puberty, but it seems the pimples have caught up with me. Since the beginning of this year, I have had endless outbreaks around my cheeks. They don't come all at once (thankfully), but they do break out one after the other. It is certainly traumatic because I have always had pretty good skin. I use facial cleansers very regularly to keep it oil-free, but they still keep on coming even if I try not to pinch it.

I have no idea why this is happening, but I am praying beyond hope that it is caused by stress. This year has certainly been full of pressure to perform in my final semesters and I really, REALLY, hope that my skin will clear up after I finish. I certainly don't feel the need to propagate the stereotype of pimply-faced IT geeks.

7 comments:

joshua said...

i hateD you...
but now, WELCOME TO THE CLUB! nyeh nyeh nyeh

Zemien said...

Joshua: well, at least some GOODWILL came out of this eh? But your acne problems are pretty much non-existent already, so what's with the malice?

Innocent^^Guy said...

are u referring to me? cos it sound like you are pointing to me...DAMN U ZEMIEN!!! nola just jk..haha

Zemien said...

inno: You're having pimple problems now, in Oz? Wow... we should form a Delayed Puberty Club!

William said...

Control your sebum production and you effectively control your acne breakouts. Oily skin = pimply skin = non-wrinkly skin; Dry skin = clear skin = wrinkly skin. You can't win 'em all.

Innocent^^Guy said...

nola...all the while also having pimple probs wan...here less cos the weather is damn dry so my face is not that oily...but then i have to put moisturizer which in turn makes the face more oily...so..wth

William said...

Apply generous amounts of Creme de La Mer on your face. At MYR800 per 60g, results are guaranteed! :P