29 May 2006

Save the Bunnies!

Gentlemen, we have a situation. A situation so serious, so big that it will threaten the entire bunny population. To help you understand the magnitude of this problem, I want you to soak in the fact that all bunnies are cute and important for the Earth's ecosystem:



When I was in Mid Valley Megamall last Sunday, I was trying to buy some carrots for my juicing pleasure. To my horror, I discovered that there's not a single stalk of carrot being sold in the whole mall! Actually I just checked Jusco and Carrefour, but if there are no carrots there, then you won't find it elsewhere either.



If you still haven't figured out the international crisis at hand, you deserve a bonk in the head. With the shortage of carrots, the entire rabbit world is doomed to starvation. We, as the responsible citizens of Earth, must not allow that to happen.

What was that, you say? "They're just animals?" ANIMALS!?!? YOU are an animal if you can let the bunnies die. I want you to look the bunnies below in the eye... no, I said look them in the eye! Don't you DARE scroll past the cute bunny pictures. Look them in the eye. Can you honestly say to the bunnies, "That is the last carrot you will ever taste?" Huh? HUH? You CAN'T, can you?



Once you close the browser window, I command you to write a letter to your local MP stressing this crisis once again. Feel free to include cute bunny pictures. And it wouldn't exactly hurt if you send $500 in cash to me. Y'know, for a good cause and all.

(All pictures stolen from CuteOverload, your one-stop centre for all things cute. Who needs Chicken Soup for the Soul when the pictures there heal your spirit just as well?)

11 comments:

joshua said...

aren't you a croc? you are so not a bunny.

a vegetarian alligator maybe...

Zemien said...

maybe i'm not a bunny, but what qualifies me as a croc? I certainly don't eat people up with my words. OK, sometimes.

Innocent^^Guy said...

actually i think u dun have to get carrots for them..wat i do to solve this carrot shortage is to eat bunny satay...haha..that way there will be less bunnies and more carrots..

btw, dun worry...i won't dare to scroll pass these cute bunnies..i look carefully into every picture..i just scroll past ur wordings...haha

William said...

Just because bunnies are cute doesn't mean that they are the victims. Perhaps a highly-organized group of deranged rabbits are currently stock-piling carrots as phase 1 of their bunny armageddon plan. Think Independent Lapine Republic from Erma Felna: EDF.

Bunny Satay, once touted as the low-cholesterol alternative to normal Satay. It sucked.

Innocent^^Guy said...

no no william..it taste good ler...bunny satay...haha

but anyway, my taste change already...now i am more into kangaroo meat...anything that hops taste good..haha

Zemien said...

OMG! Why are you two discussing BUNNY SATAY in my blog? It's not only animal cruelty, but also cruel to a vegetarian!

(Ignore the fact that i'm only semi-vegan)

William said...

Excuse us a bit here, Zemien, while we discuss ripping the flesh off the bones of helpless mammals. :).

@inno: Kangaroo meat? What does it taste like? Texture? I think on CBS' "Survivor" they once shown two outback guys cooking a kangaroo tail on open fire. Didn't look very appetizing. Bunny satay lacks ooomph. No bite. Kinda like cholesterol-free dried meat. Tastes like plastic.

Innocent^^Guy said...

man..kangaroo meat actually to me taste like deer meat..just that its more tender..i ate it at a chinese restaurant in adelaide...with butter...omg the taste makes me wanna go back for more..i ahven't eaten kangaroo meat since i came here...will try to find and eat some time...man if u ahve the chance, do try...nice

William said...

Trust the Chinese to make anything and everything appetizing. Sampai naik meja restoran. I'll try if I ever get the chance. Perhaps later they'll make some canned Kangaroo luncheon meat / spam that you can export over to us.

Unknown said...

OMG. SO CUTE CAN DIE!!!!

Innocent^^Guy said...

omg....so cute!!!!!!!!!1
i was referring to skyler