19 May 2006

Anticipating the Code

The Da Vinci Code officially started screening today. Everyone around me seems to be all hyped up about it, but the only response I could give was "Huh?" I just don't understand all the love the movie is getting. Is it because it criticizes Christianity? Is it because of Tom Hanks? And who is that girl acting as Tom's beauty accessory?

I just don't think it will make a good transition from paper to reel. I may be wrong, but at the moment 79% of reviewers agree with me. I hate films where the characters have to explain every single thing happening on the screen. Tom obviously has to do this because he has to explain every single clue to the viewer and His Beauty Accessory.

I haven't read the book, though I have an e-book copy (pirated, no less). I might get to it soon, but I'm too busy anticipating X-Men 3: The Last Stand. Now that is a show that I can't wait to watch. I have always been a fan of the X-Men, and next week I will get to see the conclusion (or not?) to their mutant saga. If The Da Vinci Code is so good I might just do a marathon next weekend. We'll see.

2 comments:

William said...

Read it. It's quite a page-turner. Read the Gospels (it's a shorter read than the novel and yet people are more interested in Dan Brown's book) as well, you will get a clearer view.

joshua said...

The movie was not as good as the book. seriously not worth all the hype.

and Why did you get all worked up with my last post? Aiyoyo