03 June 2005

Welcome Back, Messenger

Chatting is an on-off pastime of mine, but it's still important for a college student to have an IM client for any quick messages. I used Trillian last semester, and it was great as it could connect to MSN, ICQ, and Yahoo all at the same time. It was definitely better than having 3 separate software open at once.

However, when this semester started, some changes were made to the network and I could not connect to anything when using Trillian. My other friends who used the standalone clients managed to connect normally, but I still resisted installing their latest versions as it will pretty much eat up my RAM and slow down my computer.

But after 5 weeks of not being able to chat has forced me to install MSN Messenger 7.0 yesterday. MSN is now much more popular than ICQ, and most of my peers are using it, so it'll be the one and only one that I use separately. It seems that I can still connect to ICQ with Trillian, but the slowness of Trillian is no longer worth it once it can only connect to one client.

No comments: