05 June 2005

A Very Warm House

Unlike most of my friends, I do have some family members staying nearby my college. My mother's uncle's family stays nearby as he works for Air Asia in KLIA. They are really a distant family so I only visit, like, once a semester just to say hi and have lunch. They've only moved to this area for less than a year, and this evening they invited me to their housewarming open house. Their house is situated in a new township and is a gated community. The architecture is good, and their interior design is even more elegant.

Anyway, I went earlier to help them out. Though it rained heavily this morning, by the time I went there at 2pm it was back to the usual hotter-than-hell weather. I sweated by the time I finished helping them setup the tables under the tent. They asked me to take a shower so I agreed and just lightly showered so I don't smell like fish by the end of the evening. I didn't bring a housewarming gift, so I volunteered my photography services. Turned out it was the only thing that kept me busy as I barely know any of the 100+ guests that streamed it consistently from 4 till when I left at 7.

The hosts catered the food, and it was Malay fare all the way. It wasn't half-bad, really, and the satay was abso-freaking fantastic! Big, juicy, and tender! But the generally-spicy food plus the one piece of durian I was forced to take plus the lack of drinks made me feel uneasy in the throat. Luckily I brought a small bottle of water with me.

All sorts of people came - neighbours, co-workers, friends, and family. Some were quirky too - there was a Datin who claimed that she attended 4 weddings today while there was a girl who had not yet reached puberty but has hair that rivals Sharifah Aini.

I left at 7.05 after saying my thank yous, and almost killed a kitten on the drive back. It just dashed out of the road! Luckily, I breaked in time, but I didn't think it was all that good on my break pads.

No comments: