14 June 2005

Those Special Dumplings

Sigh... it's that time of the year again. We Chinese celebrate the Dragon Boat Festival around this time of the year. But I don't care about the boats, I only have my heart set on the rice dumplings (zhong zi in Mandarin and bak chang in Hokkien) that is eaten to mark the festivities.

I really like them, although I know I shouldn't eat too much. But they are only second to mooncakes in my personal list of all-time favourite traditional food. They get pretty expensive around this period as well, from RM3 onwards for a medium-sized one. Luckily, that's where our personal contacts come in.

A few of our friends went home last weekend, and came back bearing a few of these dumplings for u. I know I'm sick right now, but a little won't hurt, right? The girls have volunteered to heat the dumplings up for everyone tonight, so we'll be having our own little celebration later.

I feel much better right now so it's back to the trenches. Otherwise known as the Assignments.

No comments: