04 June 2005

A Close Call...

It was a pleasant Friday morning, and I finally went to the Post Office to send the photo to the crazy lady. I also indulged myself by having Dim Sum for breakfast, and ended up paying RM11.20 for it!

Anyway, I went to class at 2pm and as usual I started feeling groggy halfway through the lecture. Usually when I begin my notes on a new page I will write the date on top. This time, I felt a little strange as I wrote down 3/6/05. There is something about this date....

Oh, shit. It's Mum's birthday!

I barely felt sleepy as I quickly entered a reminder to call her after class. Now I understand why Mum called me 2 nights ago! With the camp and everything occupying my mind, I've misplaced that important date. But then again, I've never been good with people's birthdates. I always fall back on my friends to remind me. But I don't have anyone else to remind me about my parent's birthday but myself.

I quickly made the call and wished her Happy Birthday. Of course, she thought that I had forgotten. And of course I said I didn't.

Hey, a white lie never hurt anyone! But it was a REALLY close call this time.

No comments: