22 June 2005

Inconsiderate Bastards

We practiced singing till 11pm at one of the society member's apartment next door. I never knew what time the power came back, as everything was back to normal when I returned. It was a tiring practice session, and the singers weren't very disciplined - people were moving to their own beats all the time. There were a few close moments where I wanted to step up and take control of the group, but that would be disrespectful to the leader, although she has declared her frustration out loud.

But I'm not talking about those inconsiderate bastards. No, I met another three when I came back. I heard professional singers rely on honey for their clear voice (and probably a few shots of dope as well). So I went to the pantry to prepare a glass of warm honey to soothe my vocal cords. When I went there I was shocked to find the kitchen sink faucet on full blast, and the tap water was overflowing from the mug that was placed underneath it.

There were two other residents there, both from China (you can figure out from their accent). I initially thought it was one of them, but by the time I filled my cup with hot water, neither one did anything. I scooted over to the sink and turned off the tap.

How stupid and inconsiderate! First, the guy who left it running without even taking his own cup, and Second, the two Chinese who went on chatting with each other as if nothing was out of place! I'm more infuriated with the Chinese, because they were so non-chalant. That is why the environment is getting worse! It is no wonder that both of them were smoking at that time.

It is also true with a particular water fountain around the college. The button was malfunctioning, so the fountain won't stop unless you manually pull it out. But I've passed by it countless times when the water was gushing out non-stop, and I had to take the initiative to pull it out myself. My goodness, I can't imagine what kind of effort they put into their life and studies if they can't do a simple thing as appreciate free water and just spend 10 joules of energy to stop the water they drank. It's not like they're not having enough to eat or anything...

These reflections really make for a bad closing to the day. I'm gonna leave my rant here, and take my peaceful self to sleep. Zzzzz....

No comments: