27 June 2005

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Teenagers are lazy nowadays, and it brings me pleasure to see young people putting in their effort to do things that were never required of them. One such example are the trade fairs held every semester in college. Business students will open up stalls and sell things. Mostly deal with food but some aim for niche markets.

I always buy something from the fair (though not from every single stall) to show my support. This time was no different. There were actually more stalls now than last sem, but... from the things that I have bought, the food is more expensive and less tasty. They are also starting to employ bizarre marketing techniques that have nothing to do with the product. One event went all out by having the female students dress up as pseudo-Hawaiian Bunny Girls, with matching pink ears and straw skirts. But they were selling Chinese herbal drinks (tong sui), not Playboy magazines!

Other items, like the muar chee is overpriced at RM2. The curry puff and egg tart is OK at RM1 each, but I don't fancy the other things. I'll probably go back tomorrow for the bak chang, which, at RM3 is also expensive but something which I know will be nice. Now, if only they had moon cakes...

No comments: