11 June 2005

Recognizing the Power of .NET

That was the theme of the Microsoft .NET Day held at my college today. It was a free seminar organized by the college Computer Club, and it featured 4 sessions. Only one was done by a Microsoft employee (Mr. Lai), but the other 3 was conducted by Microsoft Student Ambassadors from other colleges. They did pretty OK, but the last one was quite lame, undirected, and boring. At any rate, I did learn more about .NET, especially regarding mobile applications and Web Services.

Since it was free, no lunch was provided. There were, however, souvenirs given to those who asks questions. I'll probably get the award for most souvenirs given! I asked three questions, so I got three items. At the end of the last session, there was still a heap of assorted items so when all of us were invited to come down and take what we wanted - I took another 2 items.

So, the final checklist of my plundering adventures:

  1. Keychain

  2. Lanyard

  3. Visual Studio.net Knowledge Pack CD/DVD

  4. HP Post-It notes

  5. O2 Xda II phone marketing gimmick (It's a confusing block that can turn here and there - pointless and useless)



On the downside, I'm having a minor sorethroat. It's not tonsilitis yet, so I'm bearing it with it until it (hopefully) settles by itself. But I'm ready to act anytime by buying my usual treatment of Augmentin antibiotics. I wanted so much to swim today, but it's really not advisable when I'm having my sorethroat. Plus, I've got my assignments to start on.

Argh, welcome home, Stress.

No comments: