24 June 2005

Gigabyte Heaven

Sorry I didn't post for the past couple of days. I was caught up in some work and also gigabyte heaven. It's a kind of sickness that only happens when a person buys a new larger hard disk. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I just got myself a 120GB external hard disk. I bought it from the pseudo-ICT fair here in my college. I know it will be more expensive than Low Yat, but the time and money saved on travelling is priceless. So the final price is RM400. I had set a target on RM380, but he wouldn't budge below RM400, and the fact is, I'm not a good negotiator. If I were to compare myself with Dad, he would be on top. I would be so below you wouldn't see me.

Anyway, I spent the whole of yesterday configuring the device and going on a downloading mania. There is a problem with the USB cable supplied - it doesn't work all the time. I shall be exchanging this later. But once I got it to work, I began filling it up with multimedia junk - complete seasons of The L Word, Lost, The O.C., Smallville and lots of other movies finally found a home with me. I'm now running Azureus and getting up to speed with the latest episodes of CSI and Queer as Folk.

Of course, the main reason I got the hard disk was for backup purposes. So during the weekend I'll be using Ghost to create a nice snapshot of my system so I can come back to it in the future.... if any LiveCDs screw me again.

Speaking of being screwed, I have had no time at all to study for the test today. It's going to be at 2pm, and here I am still typing this. The hard disk is partially to blame, my lack of self-control lately might also be responsible. I mean, I actually contemplated on eating a beef burger last night at 11pm! That's just way off!

And what about the singing performance we were supposed to do? It appears something has happened to the venue, and the people we were performing for had to cancel the event. Which really bums me, because I lost my solo opportunity, and we've spent more than 8 hours practicing... when I could be doing my long-due assignments.

And speaking of assignments.... I'm screwed there as well. Sigh.....

On another strange note, David's old Nike shoes were stolen yesterday! I have no idea who wants it either. Probably the foreign cleaners, but it would be too convenient to blame them for every social ill we have now, isn't it? At any rate, David's upset, but I look at it as the fruition of karma. Oh well, only he knows what he has done...

No comments: