11 June 2005

Argh! Those Egyptian Schemers!

I hate the guts of the people who plan up pyramid schemes. Even more, I loathe the people who try to reel me into their grand plans of achieving the target of two subscribers. As I was walking back from campus just now, I bumped into a person I knew from my swimming class last semester. I wasn't particularly fond of him then - he had a habit of not accepting others' views - but I'm definitely not fond of him now. I knew he was one of the so-called converts, and he started talking to me about the 'fantastic' plan. Yeah, right.

But I couldn't shake him off, and he just kept hanging on to me and asking for more of my time saying how this plan doesn't depend on selling (yeah, right) and you need to get only 2 people (yeah, right), and they will work for you (yeah, right).

Finally, I cut him off firmly by saying I had to go, thanks for your time, and good luck. I promptly got the hell out of there.

Well, the tribe has spoken - I'm never conversing with him again. I might give a genuinely fake smile, and perhaps a forced grin, but if he ever tries to sell me his idea, I'd walk out of the conversation.

No comments: