17 June 2005

Disconcerting

I had a very disconcerting experience in the toilet today. Since I still have a little of my flu left, I opted to take hot showers in the morning. As usual, there'll be other people waiting to use that single shower stall with the water heater, especially if it's close to class time (8am, 10am, 12pm...).

Anyway, after showering I'll go brush my teeth, fix my hair, apply deodorant, and shave. That's my usual morning routine anyway. This morning, though, there was this Indian guy waiting for his turn for the hot shower. He was standing about 5 feet behind me, but from the mirror I can see that he's eyeing me, and the person standing to my right as well. That was so damn disconcerting! I could hardly go about my business. And one point, he got tired of looking at me and turned to face the other side of the mirror. He undid the towel wrapped around his waist and admired his own body and 'package', which was safely tucked in his briefs. I mean, I do it sometimes too, but not when there are 2 other people in the same place!

Mr. Narcissistic rewrapped his towel (phew!) and turned his attention back to me. He did this indirectly by watching my reflection from the side mirrors. I could guess by the angle of his eyes that he wasn't gazing into blank space. I finished shaving, and got my freaked-out self back to my room. Lucky we don't stay on the same floors.

No comments: