28 June 2005

Lullaby Lecture & Warm Waffle

A student fell asleep during this morning's lecture. Worse, he snored. The best part? He was sitting in front.

I haven't heard anyone snore in class, though I suppose that can't be helped. Of course, I've been guilty of catching a few winks during boring lectures myself, but to expose your misdemeanour in front of everyone, especially the lecturer is just too much.

I don't know him that well, because he just joined the lectures around 2 weeks ago. He was supposedly a resit student. These two facts do not give a good impression on him. First, you fail your exam. Then, you don't even come to class for the first half of the semester.

Anyway, after class I milled around the trade fair to see who to support today. Of course, mill is not the proper term as one could not walk slowly around the concourse without getting swamped by promoters. It's just scary. One must either stick in groups (safety in numbers), or dash through the carnival quickly.

I decided to buy the waffles as I have not had it for a long time. I love it when they put kaya (coconut jam?) on top and fold it up, so I ordered that. Of course, first I had to vie for their attention as they were somehow blind to this one customer standing in front of them. Then they used one that was already on the chopping board, so that means it won't be steaming hot. Halfway through applying the kaya, they suddenly told me I had to choose another topping as (so they say) this kaya does not go well with the waffle. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"? Annoyed, I asked what other choices there were. Unexcitingly, they were blueberry, chocolate, and peanut butter. I didn't like those 3 so I said if it's so then I'll have to pass. They finally relented and said I'll get my kaya waffles.

Well, I did get it, and paid a hefty RM2 for a warm starchy waffle. Seriously, I have yet to eat something truly delicious in this trade fair. Most are all flash without substance.

No comments: