26 February 2006

Who Said It Was Relaxing?

Dad commented that since I swim about thrice a week nowadays, it must be a relaxing activity. My first thought was, "Who said anything about relaxing?"

I consider swimming as a strength training exercise. I've noticed since I started the semester that I've begun losing muscle mass so I'm using my swim time to really work out. Of course, I don't have much muscle mass in my arms to begin with. Which makes it even more important that I maintain what little muscle I've got. My body is pathetic enough as it is, so I gotta keep the regime going.

I could join the college gym, but it is quite pricey. A few weeks ago I had seriously considered joining it, but I did some calculations and concluded that I needed to visit the gym an hour every other day to make the membership fee worth it. I don't even have much time for work nowadays, much less workouts.

But I did promise myself to join a gym once I start working so I can have something to show off at the beach. Who knew I could be so shallow?

No comments: