25 February 2006

Fulfilling A Childhood Dream

Not long ago, I did write how I enjoyed not wearing a watch, but when I saw this watch at Mydin the other day, I went ecstatic:

How couldn't I? It has so many buttons! It has an 8-digit calculator! It can display the date!

I remembered how envious I was when one of my friends wore it during my primary school days. It was very expensive back then, and if I'm not mistaken Casio was the most popular brand.

Realising that this is a chance for me to fulfill an old wish, I decided to buy this "Kenko" watch. Who cares if it's a cheap rip-off? I also know it makes me look like those migrant workers who cart off truckloads of cheap electronics, but since I don't have a watch right now I have a legitimate excuse.

Plus, you can't argue with the price - RM2.90. That's 78 US cents for a fully functional calculator watch, mind you. I feel like a kid all over again! :)

2 comments:

joey said...

omg, you're kidding! rm2.90??? for a watch?? with calculator??

uncle boy said...

good for you man!.. one wish has been fullsill... and another 99 to go... ;p thats funny.. you bieng estatic with that looking watch.. I bet its going to wear off in a week or two.