06 January 2006

People of Singapore Parts 22 - 24

As it is exactly one month since I started my trip to Singapore, I have decided to release the rest of the photos under the "People of Singapore" collection. It has been great picking out the best photos from the trip and sharing them with you. For a quick access to other pictures, type "People of Singapore" in the search box above.


A group of amateur (students?) film-makers shoot on location at Underwater World, Sentosa Island. The host is placing his hand in the mouth of the plastic shark and saying something in Mandarin while curious people like me stand and watch.


Some teens playing beach football along Siloso Beach, Sentosa Island. As Sentosa Island is the only mainstream beach resort in Singapore, a lot of locals come here to bathe in the sea and have a day out. Even so, the beach wansn't particularly packed that day.


This is one of my best secret photographs. This couple was standing on a deserted area near Siloso Beach, and I snapped a couple of shots without them knowing... although the photo looks as if they were posing. I got my focus and exposure locked on before pressing the shutter as I casually turned around, never stopping to look into the viewfinder.