16 August 2005

Why I Don't Do Lunches

I'm very reluctant when it comes to having lunch with anybody, even if Dad is treating me to some high-class, exclusive, The View buffet. This is true even in college, where I prefer to have my meals alone than with the gang. Today, I traced back the reason why.

It just takes too damn long.

It's not the people I'm eating with and it's not the food, it's just going out for lunch wastes a lot of productive time. For example, lunch with Dad today took two hours. We didn't exactly eat for two hours, but the waiting time, the navigating through heavy traffic, and various pit-stops along the way extended lunch time way beyond it's usual limits. I'd rather ta pau a simple lunch from the store, drop in my seat and finish eating in 10 minutes, with or without friends.

Sigh, I'm so rat-race adjusted, I hate myself.

No comments: