19 August 2005

Nucleatic Meltdown

My college friends (David, Albert, Joey, Amy, Grace, and Linda) came to Penang yesterday. Well, actually Amy is a Penangite, so she doesn't really count. We didn't have any definite plans so we just kinda went along with it. I wanted to write an elaborate post about how much fun we had, but I can't coz I didn't really. I hate an unorganized trip, and no adjective can describe this visit better. Unorganized.

There was a lot of driving around aimlessly with no clear leader. I didn't want to take charge as this is a trip for the outstation friends, so I let them decide where to go. There were a few highlights of the trip. Yesterday evening we went over to Sungai Petani where Joey stays. He took us to Caveman BBQ, a unique BBQ park where u buy the food from a counter and then go off to a tranquil spot and give the sausages a nice carboned exterior. Of course, it's tranquil for me as I didn't get any mosquito bites, but I can't say as much for the others.

Entrance to Caveman BBQ
Entrace to Caveman BBQ


By this afternoon, it was getting boring having them around, and there were some unspoken tensions between some members of our group. I tiredly, but happily, waved them goodbye as I sent them off. Geez, I must remind myself to not go on long trips with them.

No comments: