22 August 2005

Pet Peeves & Loneliness

Each one of us have our pet peeves - those little naggling things that we can't seem to put down. For me, mismanagement is definitely my biggest pet peeve. My mood is spoiled whenever I'm participating in an event/activity/party/occasion that is so obviously mismanaged. I'm a perfectionist, and I just can't let these small little issues go.

Anyway, my dinner with Dad tonight was badly mismanaged by someone else. I won't go into details, but we ended up having dinner at The Ship in Batu Ferringhi with some of his friends. Usually at these dinners I find myself listening to other people and barely able to make conversation with the other adults. Heck, I'm barely able to chat with the other teenagers there whom I've known for some time!

During such events, I am filled with a sense of loneliness. Here's 11 people, all talking merrily with each other, and there I am, sitting by the corner as an observer. I scrolled through my phone address book to find someone interesting to message, but I couldn't. It is a painful reminder that I need to find a significant other. Even if it's for no other reason than to keep me company during these insignificant events. That's pretty selfish, I know, but I don't mind doing the same in return. In my blog header (above) you will see that one of the topics I planned to blog about is my love life. But if you look through the archives, you won't find anything about it because I have none. It's just depressing.

Lonely, I'm so lonely... I have nobody, to call my own....

2 comments:

Derek said...

Hang in there, Zemien. You will definitely find someone, it's just a matter of time.

I know that's not pretty helpful, right? Sigh, I was feeling kinda depressed and lonely too when i clicked here.

Anyway, I can give you my no and you can message me if you want. ;P

As in providing a listening ear or something.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »