28 August 2005

A Familiar Face

Dad and I had dinner at All Right, a western food place at the junction of Burmah Road and Jones Road. It is hands down one of the best western food stores. Their grilled salmon tastes great at only RM13. I had braised lamb shank, which was equally good, at RM13.50. Their soups are also one-of-a-kind.

We then went over to Gurney Plaza. Though the hottest mall in Penang now, I'm getting a bit tired of it since I've already been here 4 times for the past 2 weeks. But Dad wanted to check out some cameras at the Photo Fest so I tagged along anyway. We stopped by the Fuji booths and one of their sales guy came up to us and peddled Fuji's latest cameras. He was mostly talking to Dad as I stepped aside, but I kept exchanging glances with the salesguy, and he did the same. After about 2 minutes of looking at their cameras, he asked me, "Did you go to St. Xaviers?"

I was slightly taken aback. Do I know him? I replied that I did go to St. Xaviers primary school, and he said he remembered me. I looked at him a bit longer but I couldn't put a name to his face. In fact, I don't even recall his face! But we did chat a bit and apparently we were in the same class during primary. I asked for his name, but I couldn't hear it over the blabber of the huge crowd. We talked a little more about what we were doing currently and then I parted ways. We didn't exchange contact information, and I am wondering, should I have? I doubt there would be much to talk about anyway, especially since I don't remember him.

But I'm glad that I made a lasting impression on someone, enough to make him remember me after 8 years. Would I be able to do the same for my old friends? I hope so - it's the least I could do.

1 comment:

Zemien said...

huh?

do wat? dun scare me man...