12 August 2005

Home Sweet Home

...along with other corny lines such as "Home is where the heart is".

Albert and I began our journey at 6am sharp this morning. We made good speed, but we encountered a small RM30 trouble along the way. At any rate, I reached my home at 10.30am, a record-breaking achievement, if I may say so. I was detecting some strange noises from the car, but as they say, it ain't Proton if there's no sound.

I was shocked to see that my alma mater had begun constructing their new block. No one told me about it at all! Even more shocking was that the coconut tree in our garden has started bearing fruits! It is very shocking because this is the first time it bore fruits since we first planted it 10 years ago. Yup, you read that right - 10 years to produce 5 coconuts. If we operated a coconut plantation we would have gone under years ago.

My room has largely remained unchanged - which is good. The notable addition to my house was the new Streamyx service. I applied for Streamyx last year, and it finally came after months upon months of waiting. I'll be accompanying Dad to get a wireless router this Saturday so we can have our own Hotspot! But for now we have to trade turns using the ADSL modem. I tried establishing an ad-hoc network using 2 wireless cards, with Dad's laptop linked to the ADSL modem, but our two laptops just refused to talk to each other.

If you didn't understand that last sentence, it's OK.

No comments: