14 August 2005

What A Night!

Dad and I went out to Bukit Jambul Complex, hoping to buy a wireless router. Our original plan was to go to Prangin Mall, but I did some recon work last night and was disappointed with the choices there. Some stalls simply quoted a price, as if I'm some tech noob.

Anyway, Bukit Jambul was certainly more vibrant and with a lot more IT stores as well. I found what I was looking for - a D-Link DI-624+. A friend recommended Linksys instead, citing a personal prejudice towards D-Link, but when you come down to it, they are all just chips and circuit boards. The best part was the guy quoted us a fair price, similar to Low Yat pricing. Since Low Yat Plaza is a very competitive place, all their prices are quite low. If the guy here can quote us a similar price, that means I do not have to bargain or haggle. Dad paid the RM210 on the spot, and I walked away happier.

I was in a good mood, so I challenged Dad to a game of snooker. I knew I would lose though, as he has started playing since 14. Surprisingly I put in quite a good fight, but Dad has given me a handicap by not going for easy shots. After that we walked around some more, and he surprised me by suggesting we go to Tesco next. I was, like, "Wow, I guess you still have that in you, Dad." We rarely go to two shopping malls in a night for no apparent reason.

At any rate, it's impossible to walk out of a hypermarket empty-handed. I mean, some stuff there are just too cheap! I got a Tesco bolster because the one I'm using now is seriously lame. The pillow I got there was exceptional, so I have high expectations for this as well. I also bought (with Dad's $$$ of course) a RM17.90 kettle. I really can't stand the weird water odour from my hostel's water fountain, so I'm going to boil some water from now on.

Before going home, we stopped by for a light supper of satay. If this lifestyle goes on I'm going to baloon back to my original weight.

1 comment:

savante said...

I love Penang too! And the food.., yummy!

Paul