15 March 2006

Spring Rolls

More than 6 months ago, I wrote about how I support student-run trade fairs. They are mostly business students doing a practical project, and the latest installment was this week.

Compared to previous fairs, there were fewer food stalls. But there was one food item that caught my eye (and taste buds) - Vietnamese Spring Rolls. I can't vouch for its authenticity but they are made by Vietnamese students so I suppose they come close to the real thing. Nevertheless they taste really great. I would have posted up some pictures if I have not finished eating it on the way back.

At RM2 for 3 rolls it is quite a good deal. Order spring rolls at any Vietnamese restaurant in town and you are bound to pay around RM5. Of course the style is slightly different. The one being sold here is deep fried and really crispy, while those that I had in restaurants are steamed (like popiah) and served with special soya sauce.

I've already had it twice. Should I get another pack before they close today?

No comments: