18 March 2006

Touch Me in the Morning

About two weeks ago, Jackson realized something that I myself have known for a long time - I am extremely sensitive to touch.

Jackson is a very physical person (in a good way) but everytime he touches me I would jump 2 feet in the air. He has therefore held himself back from stroking my back or anything remotely similar. He has also advised, "You should get used to it before you get a girlfriend. It's important." I agreed, but I didn't tell him that I have already experienced what he meant.

It has happened several times. The other person (identities withheld) and I would be lying on my bed. I will be perfectly happy, when suddenly a hand slowly moves down my back/arm/thighs, and I convulse as if I'm sitting on an electric chair. The offending hand is suddenly pulled away and I try to explain (between laughs) that it's OK and I'm just a little sensitive. The other person will look at me strangely and then say, "It's alright." Everything will go back to normal and 5 minutes later another uninvited hand will cause my receptors to scream. Thankfully, I have not kicked anyone off my bed yet with my convulsions.

I really feel bad for both me and the other person. Mostly I feel bad about myself. I wouldn't want any future partners to think that I hate intimacy when in fact I love it so much that I became sensitive to it. I'm not sure what is causing this. Is it biological (I have more receptors) or sociological (I was not touched enough when I was young)? At this moment, I don't really care as long as I find a solution.

I have found that being really relaxed helps but does not cut off the stinging sensation when my skin is touched by a hand other than my own. Can anyone help?

4 comments:

Innocent^^Guy said...

Of course...Jackson can help...he can help by giving you periodic touches...that will make u used to it..haha

Anonymous said...

I react the same way whenever somebody touches my neck. My sister says that my partner did need to knock me out cold before performing any act of intimacy or it would turn into Shriek Fest 101. Maybe you did be lucky enough to be so turned on that you wouldn't even notice the touches...or not. Anyway, good luck there...you're gonna need it..

Zemien said...

same to you, kelly, same to you.

I have a feeling you're gonna get some guy into trouble because your neighbours might think you are being held against your will when he touches your neck... :P

Anonymous said...

Which is worse? Being hypersensitive to touch, or indifferent to it? Kind of difficult to coax bored receptors back to life, but to numb them down a bit-- much easier.