17 March 2006

Lightfoot

Despite my 71kg frame, I barely make a sound when I walk. Even when I'm tired I try not to drag my feet and still maintain full strides. I still remember one particular day when I was 15. We were having our science class in the lab when several classmates walked back to the class to pick up some books. I noticed that I have forgotten my exercise book as well so I walked behind the first group. They were chatting happily, and about halfway to the classroom one of them looked back and got a shock to see me there. None of them heard me at all, though I was barely 2 feet away!

It was then that I realized my potential to be a secret agent. Think about it, if you are going to sneak around dark corridors you better make sure you don't make any sound. I find that I have that ability without much effort. In contrast, I have heard people with such heavy footsteps the entire hallway echoes! I have a friend, CC, who is only 50kg but walks so loudly that I can hear him 20 feet from my room.

Too bad Malaysia does not have Secret Service.

No comments: