30 March 2006

Chicks With Attitude

I don't know why, but I sometimes confuse between Anastacia and Pink. They are both female singers who have very interesting names, and they were both popular in the early '00s.




Their music career has not been too hot lately, but Pink has just released a new album "I'm Not Dead". When I was looking for torrents to download I came across her album so I immediately downloaded it. And all the while I was thinking, "Hey! It's a comeback album from that singer who had breast cancer!", which of course was referring to Anastacia.

It was only listening to a few songs on the album that I thought, "Hmm... she sounds kinda different. Oh, wait! Oh.... PINK.... not Anastacia...."

At any rate, "I'm Not Dead" is a mediocre album. The songs tempo can be two polar opposites - one may be very upbeat while the next one is slow. But recommended songs are "Dear Mr. President" and "Fingers". The second song seems to be a homage to female masturbation, but I'll have to listen carefully for confirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I've never like Anastacia's voice. Pink, I can accept. However, she scares me a little.