08 March 2006

Why Do Birds...

... suddenly appear,
everytime, you are near?
Just like me,
they long to be,
close to you....
(Close to You, by The Carpenters)

Well, apparently birds really like me because I keep hearing chirping sounds all day. As there is a tree directly outside my window, I suspect some birds have set up nest.

It's quite alright to have birds chirping in the daylight but how would you feel if they chirped when you're sleeping as well? That's right, apparently they don't sleep very much. I wonder what they're saying to each other?

Mr. Bird: Honey, the kids are hungry! Go catch a worm for them. I need to sleep as I have a presentation tomorrow.
Mrs. Bird: Of course, but on one condition - stop stealing the covers! You know I can't sleep with all this cold wind!

1 comment:

uncle boy said...

bird chirping? try a cat miaowing all night outside your bedroom window, trying to get the female cat in your house attention. I normally sleep nude, so.. I wrap a towel around my waist, take the broom, and go outside chasing away a stupid horny cat a couple of times around midnight!.. they probably think I'm a (sexy)madman. hahaha