14 March 2006

That's Why

I was at an event of sorts and I was just mingling around with the attendees. I struck up a conversation with a guy in his mid-20s.

"So what do you work as?" I asked him.

"I'm an electronical engineer. How about you?" he responded.

"Oh no, I'm still a student."

"What are you studying?"

"Guess."

"Erm... business?"

I replied, "No... I'm taking Software Engineering."

The other person smiles and so do I.

YES! YES! THAT'S why I took Software Engineering, not Computer Science. So it sounds freakingly cool when I tell people what I do next time. Wooo! Woowow! Suck it in, Computer Scientists!

Ahem.

Excuse me for my outburst. Everything is now back to normal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's in a name, a rose with any other name smells as sweet. Riddle me this: I'm a computer scientist who majored in software engineering and am now a systems engineer. What am I?

Zemien said...

You are confusing, that's what you are.

:P

(And what's with reading all my archives?)

Anonymous said...

First things first. I have too much time on my hands. I got to savour it before things get hectic again. Found your posts interesting, so decided to do some background work by perusing your archives. They're out there in the open... so why not take a look? If I'm not mistaken, you actually bitched about having quite a lot of traffic, but little or no comments-- so this is my service to you. Cheers.

Zemien said...

actually i nvr claimed to have a lot of visitors. i hv *more* visitors than in my first month, but not the 5000 hits/day like Kenny Sia.

But thanks for reading through my archive and leaving comments - it is very much appreciated. why not leave some contact details? anonymity sucks when u hv wrote so much!

u can always add me on MSN. get the address by clicking on my Blogger profile.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»