31 March 2006

Random Ramblings Part 1

Not sure if this is the start of a new series of posts, but sometimes there are things that I'd like to jot down without making an entire post out of it.

First PC: Pentium-II 233MHz, 32MB SD-RAM, 2.1GB hard disk running Windows 95. I still remember the start-up chime of Windows 95. Anyone know where to download it again?

First media player: Xing MPEG player. It came pre-installed by the PC vendor. I remember using it to play VCDs.

First pirated computer CD: A collection of racing games. I believe it cost RM10 back then, or maybe more? There were many games, but many could not be run. I don't know where that CD went.

First computer game I played extensively: Either Warcraft II or Tomb Raider 2.

First programming language: Visual Basic 6, started in 1999 I think, along with HTML as well.

I knew I'm destined to be a computer geek when: I tried flashing (updating) the motherboard ROM. But I think I downloaded the wrong update, thus killing the entire motherboard. I blame my itchy hands even though my motherboard was working fine. I just had to do it, fully knowing the risks :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First PC: 8088 running DOS God knows what version. The chime must floating around somewhere.

First media player: Windows Media Player? From the 3.11?

First pirated computer CD: First pirated computer floppy disk. The big one, not the 3.5'.

First computer game I played extensively: Digger

First programming language: Turbo Pascal. Gave up after the first lesson