16 March 2006

The Horror of Tan Lines

I've recently taken up swimming as an exercise to get in shape. Ideally, I will swim thrice a week but a packed schedule has gotten in the way. Nevertheless, I will almost always go around 5.30pm and swim for an hour.

I prefer going while it is still bright so the lifeguards will be able to spot me if I get a cramp or start to drown. After all, I am a beginning swimmer, having learned breast stroke barely a year ago.

Unfortunately, this decision is not without its demerits, as my thighs can attest. Our constantly sunny Malaysian afternoon has given rise to some unsightly tan lines across my thighs. My swimming trunks resemble a very short shorts, so it actually covers a bit of my leg. I'm not sure if this is a blessing or not, for I sure as hell would not want a triangular tan line.

At the moment, my legs look beautifully bronze for the most part. But if you keep looking up you will see a sudden cutoff and the beautiful bronze is replaced with unappealing white. Being sort of a perfectionist, I can't stand such irregularities. I am thinking of getting a tan-through trunk which allows a more balanced tan but they cost two bombs. Another alternative is to get a pair of triangular swim trunks, but due to certain hairy reasons it is not viable.

Thankfully I don't really have to worry about people making fun of my tan line because I wear boxers that fully cover the unsightly area. And I have no reason to be naked with anyone particular at the moment. But if you have a great idea to solve my problem that does not involve nude sunbathing, do share it.

And no, I won't post a picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tan lines = sexy...but if nobody is gonna see it, why be bothered?! UNLESS, you have something up your sleeves, no? *grin*