02 November 2005

I'd Redo Form Six

I had a peculiar dream last night. I dreamt I went to Form Six, which was something I didn't do due to several reasons. First, it will take way too long - when my peers are just finishing their first year of university, I'd already have an Honours Degree. Second, I might not get the course I want - say, Forest Management instead of Computer Science?

But after the dream, I could not help but wonder if I would have enjoyed Form 6. I think I would. When I left school in 2002, I had already established a reputation as a trustworthy and responsible senior (bah!), which most teachers took advantage of to do menial work. In fact, I'm still the webmaster for the school website that I rarely update.

The fact is, I would have been further exploited had I returned to Form Six, but that isn't necessarily something bad. I loved serving the school and I would have thoroughly enjoyed Form 6 but I doubt I would do very well in my studies. The science subjects just aren't my strong suit. I still have a mortal fear of Chemistry and I never knew how I got an A for Physics.

The verdict? If to experience Form 6 for the social aspect, then Yes. If to do well in my studies, then a very big freaking No.

1 comment:

Kenji said...

Sounds like something I had think before too... I always wonder how it would be to be in Form 6... my friends claimed that its fun! But what I really hope for is to wear my school uniform again! ;p