17 November 2005

Cheap Whore

Anyway, when I went back to my ex-school yesterday, I was asked to edit a video (among other technology tasks). I duly completed them and passed the completed work to the counselor today. And just as I finished, he said if RM30 is enough as compensation. I stared at him with my mouth open (OK, not really). To be polite, I said that I only need RM3 to cover the costs of the blank CDs I used. But he insisted I take the RM30 and said it was from the school anyway. I had no choice but to take it.

As I was going home I reflected on the RM30. And the more I think of it, the more I come to the conclusion that I'm a cheap whore. That's right - RM30 for so much work? OK, maybe it just took a little over 3 hours, but still! In reality, though, I don't mind doing the work for free.... I do love my old school.

1 comment:

Aurélie Catena said...

Yes, at the beginning, you must accept to work for free. Maybe you are not earning money, but you are gathering experience and fame, which is perhaps more important...

Aurelie Catena