01 October 2005

Reason for My Diarrhea

I sincerely think I have solved a long-standing mystery to my constant minor diarrhea. When I do my business every morning, it will usually come out watery or at least, not solid. I don't feel any other discomfort such as stomach cramps so I did not bother with it. This has been happening for quite some times, and I really don't know why it took me so long to figure it out.

In the beginning, I blamed it on the cheap spirulina supplements I got from China. But now that I have finished all 1000 tablets of it, I don't see it getting any better. And then today, I concluded that I kept getting the runnies due to the oily food here.

For example, when I was having my packed rice lunch today, I noticed it was extremely oily. So I tilted my hand sideways, and 3 minutes later, I realized how much oil was in there. There is probably enough for me to fry an egg or two, which was a big no-no.

Imagine, all that excess oil going into my stomach and not being absorbed.... Yuck with a capital Y! This was such a far cry from the food I had at the temple last week. The food there was not too oily, not too salty, not too heaty, not too dry. Of course, it was not too tasty either, but it was sure healthy.

I'm going to try to cut down on those oily gravy and see how it goes.

No comments: