05 October 2005

Insecurity in the Showers

After writing for more than 5 months, I've started to forget what things I've posted before - it's all a hazy blur now. Anyway, I forgot if I wrote that there is only one water heater in the showers for each floor. I think I did. Nevertheless, let's go on to the main post.

So, we have two common bathrooms on each floor, one at each end. And the water heaters are placed at alternating ends. If I wanted to take a hot shower, I could either go up to the 2nd floor (far) or walk to the other end of my floor (further).

Unfortunately, the one in the 2nd floor bathroom is spoiled. So that leaves the heater at the other end of my floor.

Unfortunately, the door of that shower stall cannot close properly. The heater works, but the door just can't close and lock anymore.

Unfortunately, due to my cold/sorethroat/voice-loss threesome the other day, I need hot showers in the morning.

Fortunately, I'm not so insecure as to demand that my cubicle doors be locked while I'm naked inside. Therefore, I've been having a couple of showers there in the mornings. I guess I don't really feel scared about it since I do not have any friends close by who will push open the door for the sake of scaring the shit out of me.

Unfortunately, other people are not so secure in the naked form. I've seen a few guys enter the stall, try (unsuccessfully) to lock the door, and then walk out. Of course, I'm not implying that I loiter around the loo watching people enter the showers - it's just an observation I made while shaving and making up my hair (which in turn is growing wonderfully).

Fortunately, that means the water heater stall is usually free everytime I go in. You won't believe how long I've sometimes waited for insensitive clods who hog the water heaters.

No comments: