06 October 2005

Long Night

Sigh.... It's been such a long night....

Unfortunately, I can only say that once the night is through. It's now 3am, and the night is far from being over.

I can't stand my cough. It hasn't been getting any better since Saturday. In fact, I think it's getting worse. Like tonight, I coughed hard enough to wake myself up. I was in a terrible mess and could not sleep. The Breacol cough syrup I bought 2 days back barely worked. The syrup decongested my phlegm as advertised, but did absolutely nothing to the cough itself.

As I said, I was woken up by my cough (and David too, I suspect). I tried sucking on a Fisherman's Friend lozenge, but it wasn't being much of a pal at all. In desperation, I decided to take a dose of Breacol. In my early morning daze I accidentally spilled some of the sticky syrup onto my legs and blanket. I was like, "Oh damn."

I shifted from my early morning daze to my early morning frenzy as I spent the next 10 minutes cleaning myself, and then using wet tissues to (hopefully) clean the blanket as well. The sweetness of the gooey concoction is an ant hot house, I tell you.

I was coughing all the way then. From my room to the toilet, and from the toilet to the room. My traditional sensibilities finally kicked in, and now I'm sipping on some warm water while blogging at an ungodly hour.

It's time to see the doctor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need any printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in Postcards / Flyers Try Postcards / Flyers