02 October 2005

Edison Who?

While I was having dinner with the guys last night, I received a call from a Private Number. My voice has not yet fully recovered by then, so it was a strained conversation. Worse, it was more of a strange conversation.

It went something like this:


Me: Hello?

Private Number: Hello, can I speak to, er, [Zemien]? (Replace Zemien with my real name)

Me: Yes, that's me. Who's this on the line?

Private Number: It's me, Edison. Do I know you?

Me: Er, Edison? I don't know you. Do you know me?

Edison: I don't know. But I was looking through my phone contact's and I came upon someone called [Zemien $!&] (insert my full name here).

Me: Yes, that's me.

Edison: Yea, that's why. I don't recall you at all. Where are you now?

Me: Er.... (a little wary) I'm in Nilai, studying.

Edison: What? I can't here you! (I lost my voice, remember?)

Me: Er... Negeri Sembilan!

Edison: Oh, you're not in Penang? What are you doing there?

Me: (sighs) I'm studying. College.

Edison: What college?

Me: [My college name]

Edison: Oh, in Nilai izzit?

Me: (sighs again) Yes...

Edison: I was studying there last year, but came back already.

Me: What course were you in?

Edison: Computer Science.

Me: Oh... I see. But I don't remember you la.

Edison: Neither do I! But I just wanted to know who this person was. If I can recall back I'll let you know, ok?

Me: Oh, alright. I'll do the same. Bye bye, take care.

Edison: Bye!


Sheesh.... I wish it was Edison Chen calling, but he didn't study in my college, so obviously it's not the Chen variety. But still, I have established a common link (same college and line of study) and yet do not recall him. I asked my peer in Computer Science and she does not remember any Edison at all. Mysteriously, I checked through my own phone's contact list and there is an Edison listed there that I don't remember either! I'm not sure whether it's the same Edison because he called me from a private line.

Either way, I let the matter drop and continued my awful dinner. If we are meant to meet again we will. But I wonder what kind of person he was that made me forget him so fast?

No comments: